If you are thinking about having wood floors installed in your home or business in Houston, our hardwood and engineered wood floor installers are here to help. Our technicians have decades of combined experience in flooring installation, restoration and removal. When you consider wood floors, the biggest choice that you have to make is whether to pick engineered wood or hardwood. Our technicians can install both types of floor planks.
Engineered Wood and Hardwood Flooring Differences
Hardwood is cut from a single piece of wood and is typically solid. Engineered wood is a wood veneer that is attached to a thicker piece of plywood. If they are maintained properly, the expected longevity of both floor types can be 25 years or longer. With both types of wood flooring, professionals recommend that you use pads on the feet of furniture, follow proper protective techniques and clean up liquid spills promptly. Although the floor types are similar in care instructions, there are some notable differences. These are the key differences:
- Since hardwood is thicker, it tends to be more expensive.
- While engineered wood should not be sanded, hardwood can be sanded multiple times.
- Hardwood flooring is stronger and more durable.
- Engineered wood is easier to install.
- While hardwood is better for living areas, engineered wood is better for kitchens.
- Engineered wood is usually able to withstand moisture better than hardwood.
- Hardwood tends to expand and contract more than engineered wood.
Which choice is right for you will depend on your needs. Some common considerations are your budget, the type of finish that you prefer and where the flooring will be installed. If you need help determining the right choice, we will be glad to help you explore your options and their benefits.
Why Work With Professional Wood Floor Installers?
When it comes to flooring, professional installation gives you several benefits. Although some people have installed engineered wood panels on their own, it is easy to make mistakes and end up with gaps between planks. While mistakes may not be as costly to fix with engineered planks, they can be very expensive with hardwood planks. These are some of the reasons why it is better to hire professional wood floor installers:
- Professionals have the right tools and equipment for any job.
- Professionals have practical experience and are comfortable with a variety of projects and materials.
- Professionals stand behind their work, which means that you never pay for any mistakes.
- Professionals handle the preparation, installation work and cleanup tasks.
- Professionals help you assess your needs and teach you how to properly maintain your floor after it is installed.
What to Expect During Wood Floor Installation
Most jobs take an average of one to three days to complete. However, if there are complicating factors, it may take additional time. The length of time that the project takes depends on removal issues, the size of the area and a few other factors. Our technicians will discuss the room preparation steps with you for your specific home or business needs. They will handle the hardest parts of the process and will leave you with a beautiful-looking floor.
Get a Free Wood Floor Installation Estimate
Our hardwood and engineered wood floor installers are grateful for the opportunity to serve you in your home or business. They are familiar with the latest technologies and techniques. Although they work quickly and efficiently to minimize interruptions to your daily home routine or business activities, they ensure that the end result is nothing short of excellent. We treat you and your home or business with the utmost respect and care. Our team members are here to answer any of your questions. Please call us or fill out our online contact form to receive a free estimate.
How can we help you?
Our flooring experts are ready to discuss your needs and answer any questions you may have.